New to the world of bikini waxing?
Here’s some tips to help make your waxing experience more comfortable.
- Wait to have a bikini wax until hair growth is at least ¼” long for best results (2-3 weeks from your last shave).
- The best time to get waxed is the week after your menstrual cycle (your pain threshold is at its highest).
- Book your service early in the day so you are freshly showered.
- Stay out of the sun 24 hours before and after your waxing service.
- Exfoliate the bikini line the day before your appointment with a loofah or body scrub.
- Everyone feels a bit self-conscious! Remember, your aesthetician has seen it ALL before and performs bikini waxes every day.
- Let your aesthetician know of any medications you’re taking.
- Your aesthetician will consult with you prior to leaving the room for you to undress below the waist and lie down. You will be given disposable bikini panties to wear, unless you are modifying your wax to include more area than the typical bikini wax (Brazilian, French Riviera, etc.).
- Everyone’s tolerance to pain is different. It does get easier the more you have it done.
- Wearing gloves, your aesthetician will apply melted hot wax onto a small section of your hair using a spatula. Then a waxing strip is applied over the wax, she presses down for a few seconds, holds the skin taut and pulls the strip away (over within seconds). She will press down on each section afterwards to help relieve some pain. She continues repeating this until both sides are done.
- Your aesthetician will apply a soothing cream afterwards. She may also use tweezers to remove any stray hairs after checking the waxed areas. A bit of redness is normal afterwards for a few hours.
- Apply a first aid antibiotic gel with pain relief like Neosporin after the waxing as necessary.
Ask about our waxing packages when reserving your next appointment.
Call 480-837-8300 or book online: www.russosalon.com